Diagnostic support plans
Want help with understanding LeanSentry diagnostics, or additional guidance on how to resolve the issues it identified?
You can now get expert assistance with resolving issues as part of our new lightweight diagnostic support plans.
These plans provide a low-cost, flexible support alternative to more expensive support engagements we used to offer as part of our Business tier plans.
TIP: You can add a support plan to your LeanSentry account on your plans page.
S1: Diagnostic support
Not sure what the diagnostic report means? Get this plan to receive with interpreting diagnostics and basic recommendations for how to resolve the issues LeanSentry identifies.
To get help, simply email support with a link to any page or diagnostic in LeanSentry, and one of our DevOps engineers we'll be happy to help you understand it further.
NOTE: Our performance engineering team helps hundreds of customers solve performance problems each month. To allow our small expert team to rise to this challenge and still keep your support costs low, the S1 plan is email only. For more information on support limits, please see support plan details.
S2: Developer support
Need more insight into an issue in your application? Use the S2 plan to be able to dig into the details with one of LeanSentry's senior software developers who work on resolving these types of issues all the time.
The S2 plan provides the ability to get feedback on specific application code involved in issues diagnosed by LeanSentry, and receive developer-level best practice guidance in the course of developing your specific solution.
This plan is ideally suited for cases such as:
- The issue is complex, and may involve async hangs, queueing, and memory leaks/garbage collection. Questions on these issues are ideally suited to our S2 engineers.
- You'd like code review feedback.
- Your developers have specific code-level questions about an issue.
How our support model works
Our support process seeks to eliminate the typical guesswork and long phone calls/email threads associated with performance investigations. Instead, we use a proven workflow that leverages LeanSentry diagnostics to systematically isolate your performance issues quickly and definitively.
Here is how it works:
- Email us to request help with a specific issue. For best results, provide a link to the existing issue report/diagnostic in your LeanSentry dashboard.
- Identify the issue (S1). We will next locate the issue report in your dashboard, and make sure that it represents the problem you seek to resolve.
- Collect the diagnostic report (S1). If LeanSentry has not yet diagnosed the issue, we will help you configure LeanSentry to collect the correct diagnostic. The diagnostic information provides the key to resolving each issue correctly and in the shortest possible time.
- We provide a basic explanation of the cause of the issue based on the diagnostic report (S1). This explanation will also highlight the relevant location of the issue in your code, if identified by the diagnostic. You can ask questions to help you understand the diagnostics better.
- Assist with solution development (S2). In this phase*, your developers can discuss the issue and relevant code with one of our senior engineers.
*S2 support is offered after the correct diagnostics for the issue have been collected, and your developers have already completed the initial review of diagnostics with our S1 engineers.
- Diagnostics: if your application experiences a hang due to the SQL connection pool being exhausted, the LeanSentry diagnostic report will identify the location of blockage in your code.
- S1 support: Your S1 diagnostic review can help you interpret the diagnostics, and understand the underlying issue causing the blockage (i.e. connection pool exhaustion). Your developers can then begin to review the relevant application code in order to resolve the issue.
- S2 support: If needed, your developers can ask questions about specific aspects of your application code involved in the issue. A LeanSentry S2 engineer can request/review the relevant application code to help your development team determine the best way to resolve the problem (for example, identifying the code patterns that can lead to SQL connection pool exhaustion).
Additional support services
In some cases, it may become necessary to conduct an additional investigation beyond the information provided by the LeanSentry diagnostics.
For example, if it becomes necessary to determine the specific queries leaving open connections in your application, we can collect a dump of the application hang and assist with application analysis to determine the exact transaction details and SQL queries holding the connections open, leading to the pool exhaustion.
The services below are not included in the base S1 or S2 plans, and may be offered when needed subject to team availability:
- Dump analysis.
- Solution prototyping.
- Phone/screensharing for training, code review, developer Q&A, etc.
- Analysis of logs or information other than from LeanSentry.
- Development of documentation or detailed issue investigation notes.
Why are dump analysis, and screen sharing sessions no longer included?
If you've had a Business tier plan with us prior to 2021, you may have had support engagements with us that included dump analysis, and occasional training/screen sharing calls.
Going forward, we've decided to limit these services on our new S1 and S2 support plans. Doing so allows us to reduce the time expenses to our small team of dedicated experts, and offer expert support services to our entire client base - including Standard, Pro, and monthly plans - at a lower cost.
Rest assured, the LeanSentry support team can offer the expertise you need to meet most issue resolution needs in a fast and efficient manner, without requiring these services.
If you do require dump analysis or other services for complex issues, contact us to arrange for additional support services.
These additional support services are billed on an hourly basis, and are subject to team availability. Please contact us to determine availability.
To get started right away, add a support plan to your LeanSentry account and contact us to begin an issue review.
If you are not sure what support level you need, contact us to find the right support option for you.